Pages

Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

nursery mood board: baby boy

In a little over two weeks, we will find out if Baby Goodman is a boy or a girl!
I am SO excited! I just think it will feel so much more personal and intimate to be able to call this baby by name.

So in preparation for this news, I have made mood boards for the two nurseries I've been creating in my head.  I am so ready to begin creating a little space for our baby!

Today, I give you a glimpse of my dream for my baby boy nursery - and for those of you who like a theme, I call it "well-traveled baby".


The basis for this room revolved around the pieces I already own, as I want this room to be as budget-friendly as possible:
- Long, six-drawer dresser
- Mustard yellow ottoman
- Old school pull-down map
- Vintage suitcases
- Vintage bike wall hanging
- Walls already painted light blueish gray

Most of these things have a home somewhere else in my house, but I like to try to work with what I've already got and it's certainly easier on the budget. Things I'd be on the hunt for:
- Upholstered glider
- Striped rug
- Long arm floor lamp
- Jenny Lind style crib
- Unique book storage
- Drum style lighting
- DIY projects - ie: paper plane mobile, crib sheets made of gingham fabric, subway art
- Fun art - Hot air balloons, trains, city or map art
- Additional storage (not pictured)
- Things in the color scheme: Olive green, mustard yellow, slate gray, navy blue, light gray

This may seem daunting to some, but I love thrifting with a specific purpose in mind!

Next up, a nursery mood board for a baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.