Pages

Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

feelin' the love: fabric Valentine's Day banner

I've never really decorated for Valentine's Day - the most I do is slap down one of my flowery vintage tablecloths and throw some candy in a bowl.

I don't know what got into me this year though. Maybe it was the piles of festive fabrics taunting me, maybe it's those inner rumblings that I'm convinced are the baby moving, maybe I've already eaten too much chocolate. Whatever it is, I'm feeling the love this year. 
So I made a Valentine's Day banner.
It all started with a pile of pink and red fabric scraps.

And then some lace got thrown in.
(I got this huge spool of lace ribbon for $1 at a yard sale!)

I tore the fabric into strips and then hung a ribbon so that I could tie my strips of fabric to it.

I decided on a pattern and then followed it.

It took me about 15 minutes.

Then I walked around my house and picked up everything even remotely love-related and planted them on my mantle.






Even my little tree in the kitchen got some love. Old book pages + heart punch + twine = quick and easy mini banner.
The fact that I made these banners with stuff I already had around the house makes me love them even more.

So, what about you - do you put up anything festive for V-day? 
Are you feelin' the love this year?!

Shared at: Dear Lillie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.