Pages

Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

diy advent calendar

I started thinking about making this advent calendar after last Christmas. I knew I wanted to do one with different size boxes and I knew I wanted to find something to display them in.
I succeed on both accounts.

Anytime I got a box on the smaller size this year, I saved it for this project. But when it came time to decorate the boxes, I was still short. So I found a pack of six kraft boxes at AC Moore for $1.50 (with coup) and I got the white square boxes in a pack of eight at my local dollar store. 
If you're a Lynchburg local the Dollar Tree on Waterlick has these boxes on clearance for 25 cents for the 8-pack!



The shadowbox frame was a thrift store find for $5. Let's be honest, I lucked out on that one.
Gold and white and perfectly chippy. I didn't do a thing to it.


As far as decorating the boxes, I just used crafting supplies I had on hand.
Yes I had all those numbers. Yes, I have a lot of crafting supplies.






The boxes are perfect for filling with candy, ornaments or ideas for fun holiday activities. I love how it came out and I plan to use it for years to come.


The calendar takes up prime space in my kitchen, replacing the thankful branch, and serves as an anchor for posting my Christmas cards.


Happy counting down to Christmas!


Shared at: Somewhat Simple, House of Hepworths

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.