Pages

Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

decorating for fall

I've officially changed my living room decor for fall. And I love it. Plaid, pumpkins, pukey yellow. I love it all.

I also love updating my mantle with the seasons - it's really the only spot in the house that gets a full seasonal change. (You can see some of my previous mantle transitions.) I think this is a great new home for my book wreath, since the plate wall bumped him out of his spot.



The coffee table decor gets a bit of a switch-up too. This deer and her baby come out at fall and stay all the way through Christmas. psst - I have a similar reindeer for sale in the shop if you're looking.  SOLD

I had become so accustomed to seeing the moss letter G on the front door, I couldn't bear to give the concept up just yet - so I decided to do a yarn wrapped G for fall. 

And, of course, the best part* of fall decor - a candycorn candy bowl.  
*Give me a week and I'll be singing a different tune. Every year, I buy candy corn the second it hits the shelves and then I eat so much of it that I make myself sick of it.

What's your favorite part of fall decor? Do you go all out or just decorate a few spots?


Shared at: Kevin & Layla’s mantel party, The DIY Showoff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.