Pages

Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

collage wall: making it personal

Since yesterday I shared a new element to our room that makes me smile, I thought today I'd share an old element of our room that continues to evolve and make me smile - the collage wall.

Here's what it originally started as when we added our mirrored door in March.

And here's what it grew into over time.

It was fun to add personalized elements to make it all our own.


Here's the story behind some of the elements I added:
 -you can see here that I hung our commemorative wedding certificate using washi tape - I decided it was too beautiful to be kept in a box somewhere. It also helps to ensure that Josh never forgets our anniversary. :)

-A photobooth strip from our friends' wedding that just shows our personality - hung, using a fabric covered tack I made.
-The framed bride and groom is actually a save the date we received for a friend's wedding. It was too beautiful to throw away, so I framed it.

-When I made the Virginia map with a heart over Lynchburg for Baby Ana's nursery, I also made one for myself. A perfect addition to the wall because it's where we met and fell in love.
-Beside that is a favorite photo of Josh and I from our first year of dating. It's hung with rick rack and the flower holding it up is actually an old earring.

- I still love the silhouettes I made back in February - they were one of the first elements to the collage wall.
- After making my scrabble magnets, I realized the game was shot, so I took one of the game piece holders, painted it, and made it into a shelf to hold the word forever. It is held up by mounting tape.
- The 'i love you because' is a pinterest-inspired project. It's a fun, interactive piece to the wall because Josh and I use it to write fun things to each other. Today it says "i love you because you make a mean PB&J" - I wrote that after Josh lovingly packed me a lunch for work.

This canvas is an art print designed by yours truly. It's filled with fun things to do and ways to show love. 

-The tagline "behind every great love is a great story" is a cutout from The Notebook poster I had in college.
-The vintage floral print is a favorite thrift store find {$1}.
-The gilded gold frame is a yard sale find {$.50} and serves to frame one of our favorite photos taken by the talented Allison Elizabeth Photography.


So there you have it. 

How do you make your bedroom personal?


Shared:
Blackberry Vine
Giggles, Glitz, & Glam
Tip Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.